Windows 8.1 Join Windows 2012 R2 Domain
Joining Windows 2012 R2 Domain is very simple process but if basics are overlooked, things can go wrong.
- Client system can ping domain server or accessible.
- Client DNS Address is IP address of server.
if above are correct and still unable to join the domain normally issue is with dns name resolving. to check then run following command.
- nslookup <domain_FDNQ>
- result will be ip address of domain if things are working.
Step By Step Walk-through
- Open properties of This Pc or My computer
- Click on change settings
- Click Change to Change Computer Name
- Type in domain name and provide domain admin or user that have rights to join a client to a domain
- click ok
- Reboot to Finish the Process.