Backup Active Directory using Windows Server Backup
Windows Server Backup can Be used to Backup System State, which will also include Active Directory Services, which can be restored in case of disasters and can also be used for advanced restores like creating additional domain controllers if Active Directory database is Too Big
Step By Step walk-through
- its recommended that we use separate drive/volume, we will need to add new drive to our Virtual Machine.
- Initialize Disk and format Volume
- Add Windows Server Backup feature using Server manager Add roles and features
- Reboot Server
- Open Windows Server Backup Console.
- click backup schedule
- Chose custom Backup
- Click Add Items and click System State
- Now we will create schedule to backup every day 1:00 AM.
- Click Backup to a Volume and Select Drive to Backup To.
- Click backup once and Select scheduled Backup Option
- click backup and backup process will Start.