Additional Domain Controller / Active Directory Services Install Windows 2012 R2
This Video demonstrate to configure Additional Domain Controller or Active Directory Services Additional Domain in Windows 2012 R2. This will add load balancing and failover capabilities to active directory services infrastructure. for simple and complex environments for LAN or Data centers. Its Simple Video More Complex Scenarios are possible.
This video assumes fresh install of windows 2012 R2
- Change Computer Name to dchost2 or any other name. (Reboot)
- Make sure The server has assigned Static IP-Address and DNS IP Address is IP address of Primary Domain Controller.
- Open Server manager
- Click on Add Roles and Features
- Click Next—-Next —– Next
- Check Active Directory Domain Services.
- Wizard will prompt to include Required Features (Click Add Feature)
- Click Next—-Next——Next
- Click Restart the destination server if required
- Click Install
- After Successful Install Click Close
- In Post Deployment Tasks Click on Promote this server to a Domain Controller.
- Click Add new Domain Controller to existing domain
- Type domain name in my case mydc.local
- supply domain Credentials and click next
- Click next and Type Active Directory Restore Mode Password.
- after this you can chose default options with next on 5 screens and c
- After Completion Reboot Server, its now A domain Controller